A few things to keep in mind when the NASA budget comes up for review. - ZU
For every dollar we spend on NASA, we net a 6-8 dollar return on said investment. Why are we sucking epigenetic dick when it comes to doing things that make sense and are beneficial to us?
But for every dollar we spend on tanks, we get more tanks.
Oh how I love this game… Big fangirl squee when I recognized the Monsters of Maine blog in the comic! It’s one of the things that drew me into the TSW community in the first place, way back before beta. The storytelling in this game is incredible, and I really think it’d be awesome to see full comics and novels grow out from its mythos. The issue comic covers are a total tease…
Issue #5 - Cover and Comic
As a reminder, you can now play The Secret World with no subscription! Buy to play, with an optional sub full of rerwards! If you already own a copy, you can play it now. End of Days events are in full swing, ramping up for 12/21/2012! There’s even an ARG running where you can earn in-game rewards on the web….
Issue 5 : The End of Days
- The Apocalypse won’t be pretty.
- Zombies attack! You’ll be smelling rotting flesh everywhere you go.
- Three giant Harbingers will be wandering the world. Each one is a Shepard to destruction. They are seemingly invulnerable but they do have a single weakness you and friends must find.
- Mayans called this age’s harbinger “Bolon Yokte’ K’uh” or “God of Nine Destructions”. (Might be seen in El Dorado)
- Contest Time! Players can earn a unique pet and title by being a top player throughout the apocalypse - killing zombies, fighting in El Dorado, killing Harbingers, etc. (Possibly an Ak’ab pet).
- “K’in tokens” will be circling around and can be traded with the Morninglight for unique new weapon skins to a Quetzal bird pet.
End of Days gathering in Agartha. Agent Msika called the Agents to her, and warned us to be vigilant in the days to come. She feels we may have missed something… This gathering happened on Dec. 13th, 2012.
I’ve been in contact with her since the last mess with the Black Watchmen and the Slaughterhouse. I shouldn’t be surprised to hear from her now, when the end is rumored to come…
www.themorninglight.org if you want to see where these portents will lead!
Joel’s End of Days, Video Log #1
On December 21st at 11:11 UTC, the world is going to end. That’s something Joel Bylos, Game Director on The Secret World, is absolutely sure about.
What does this mean? TSW possibly being F2P for Dec 21st?!
I’m having so much fun with The Secret World, and I can’t wait for the Halloween events! Right now you can pick it up on Steam for 50% off, too. The purchase covers your first month sub, and each month there is a new Issue released with free content like quests, dungeons, new weapons. The game just keeps getting bigger and better. The story and characters are compelling and so much fun to explore. Even if you tried the game during beta or the release month, it’s worth coming back for another look.
Halloween is Coming! Tanya Short - Senior Designer gives us a little insight into what might happen in the Halloween update:
- Will be more like “an episode of Buffy” but more ambitious
- Players will gain the Head-o-Lantern item after playing a bit of “cat and mouse”
- Begins in Kingsmouth and will involve discreetly placed cat characters throughout the secret world.
- King of Cats, called the Irusan from ancient Ireland, is somewhere between a spirit and a god with the right attitude needed for this event. Perhaps all the cats are related somehow…a greater…evil…purpose?! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN
- Stonehenge might be available outside PVP with a PVE twist.
Moving on to Transylvania after an interesting trip. Next time we visit Hell I’ll have to remember to take more pics!
He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing… the fury of the Time Lord… and then we discovered why—why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind…
One of my favorite scenes…. One of so very many. Much love for Tennant’s Doctor.
Day 29 - This one kinda got out of control and took up more time than intended. And this was one I mostly made up, based on the League of Monster Slayers quest in the Savage Coast (of the video game the Secret World). I labeled it 99’ but I guess in my mind I was thinking the late 80’s with the walkmen calculator watch and T-shirts. Maybe Kingsmouth is a lot like the mountain communities around where I live, they always seem to be about a decade or more behind the main cities due to being remote.
Adventures in Egypt. Geargoyle looking to help some new allies. The Jinn and the Guardians. Suddenly feeling like I should have paid more attention in my ancient history courses…
Mechromancer and Geargoyle, exploring Egypt. Co-owners of Tesla’s Irregulars, Dragon RP-focused Cabal, Arcadia Dimension.